Thursday, January 7, 2010

Started our Childbirth Classes Last Night!

We don't have any "natural" classes in our area, the closest ones are about 2 hours away, so these are classes that the hospital offers. I know that isn't ideal, but I've been doing lots of research and reading on my own (right now I'm loving Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way) and our doula did recommend these classes.

So far I really like them. Our teacher is a registered doula and lactation consultant herself....so although she has to cover the hospital's curriculm, I think she is more pro-natural than the typical hospital instructor. And next week is totally focused on natural coping techniques.

Also, Jason is getting more out of it than he expected. He wasn't thrilled when he found out about the whole childbirth class for 6 weeks thing. But he seemed happy when we left, said he had learned things, and he is totally on board and committed to helping me have a natural childbirth...he said this is my baby, and I want what is best for it, so we are going to get through it together without drugs. :) He really is going to benefit from this class and will be a much better support person for me now, I'm so excited and looking forward to having this experience with him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment