Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Recently I received an Honest Scrap Award from two of my blogging friends: Jen at No One Ever Told Me It Would Be This Hard and Eileen at We got hitched. We bought the 4 bedroom house. Now what??? Thanks girls!!

The Honest Scrap stipulations:

1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find interesting and engaging

2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog and leave a comment informing them that they have won the "Honest Scrap Award"

3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

10 Honest things about myself...

1. My husband is my best friend, and I really mean that. We have been friends since I was 15, started dating when I was 16, and got married right before I turned 19. Next month we will be celebrating our 9 year anniversary and we are more in love than ever.

2. I too am addicted to reality tv, as sad as that is. Me and my husband arrange our schedule around Big Brother and Survivor when they are on, since our DVR will not record CBS. I also love So You Think You Can Dance (my all time favorite), American Idol, and Hell's Kitchen...I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

3. I love to go on vacations. Anywhere warm is fine with me. My favorite place so far is Hawaii. We try to go on a cruise every year, hopefully we will be planning one for this January. I love the beach and the blue-green ocean. I work so I can go on vacations...my whole life is a countdown till we can go again. It's kinda sad, but it keeps me going, especially since this ttc stuff isn't working out.

4. We have our first successful vegetable garden this year, and I'm very proud of it. We have cucumbers, jalepeno peppers, bell peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, green beans, peas, big boy tomatoes, and pumpkins. Out of all that the only thing that is not producing is the pumpkins...which really doesn't matter, I was growing them for the chickens.

5. I have chickens! Seven beautiful hens. I got them last year as one-day old chicks, and they are still my babies. They come when I call them and sit in my lap...and they give me breakfast. We also have 3 dogs (2 lab mixes and a pug) and 3 cats. My animals are like children to me.

6. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this infertility stuff. I'm a very emotional girl anyway, and this is not helping things. I just hope I can keep it together at my RE appointment.

7. I'm going to be a SAHM when we finally do have a baby. I cannot wait for that day. My work is not that great, since this has always been the plan. I have really great insurance though, so until then I'm kinda trapped where I'm at for now.

8. I'm a very picky eater...I always have been. I used to drive my mom crazy, eating cereal for dinner whenever she would make something I didn't like. I don't eat any red meat, and havent for at least 5 years. I don't eat pigs either. I'd love to be a vegetarian, but I don't really care for most vegetables :-/

9. I love fruit...almost all fruit.

10. I've been back to working out regularly for 2.5 weeks. (yay me!) I made myself commit to one month so I could be in the best shape possible by the time I see the RE. Secretly I have committed to more than a month, but it's easier to keep going with a short term goal.

That's it. Now here are 7 blogs that I love to read.

1. Christina at Trying for a boy!!

2. Erin at A Journey to Our Baby!

3. Amanda at Twice Baked

4. Angry Infertile at The Angry Infertile

5. Naomi at 999 Resons to Laugh at Infertility

6. Emily at 32 people between my legs and counting...

7. Clara at What Can Happen in a Year?

You all are wonderful. I love reading your blogs; your stories help me and many others get through this difficult journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment