Friday, July 10, 2009

Lunch with the girls

About six months ago I had a dream, maybe kindof a nightmare. I was at lunch with 3 of my girlfriends from high school. Each of them, one after the other, announced that they were pregnant. I busted into tears at the table. It was horrible.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with these 3 friends. We get together every few months to catch up. I found out that one of them is PG a few weeks ago through Facebook. So this will be the first time getting together since then. I'm also very suspicious of friend #2. She has made some "status udates" that tell me she is probably pregnant, and going to tell us tomorrow. The pregnant friend asked her what was up with her status updates, and she said she would tell us at lunch when we get together. That screams pregnant to me. DH says I'm crazy. The third friend has an 18 month old, and said she is waiting until he turns two to start TTC, but nothing would surprise me.

I really hope its not all three of them. I think I will be ok, even if it is. I've mentally prepared myself for it because of the dream, just in case. I will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I know how hard that is. It seems that as soon as we TTC...everyone around me got pregnant (cousin, SIL, friend).... Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. I'm about to spend the weekend w/that newly pg friend of mine that you've read about... This is the first time I've seen her since the announcement... Ugh.

    I hate to say it, but it does sound like you're right about friend #2 probably being pg... I so hope you're the next of your friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always helps when you can mentally prepare yourself ahead of time. I had a couple of instances where it was just sprung on me and I was like a deer caught in headlights. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete