Sunday, July 12, 2009

I was wrong.

Well we had lunch yesterday. Friend #2 is not pregnant, infact it's the opposite. I found out that she has been trying to conceive for over a year, and is seeing the same RE that I will be seeing this month. The appointments that she's been mentioning in her facebook have been for her husband (who has zero sperm count) and for herself (to donate eggs for money in case they have to do IVF). Her husband is having surgery 2 days before my RE appt to repair two varicoceles and to try to unblock his semenal vesicle. It's crazy, I would have never guessed that she was going through all of this.

I had no intention of telling any of them that we were having trouble, but after she shared all that information, I decided to share that we were going to the RE as well. Now we can go through it together. They were very supportive, and I'm really glad that both of us shared what we're going through.

It actually turned out to be the best lunch we have ever had together. We talked for hours about everything. I think sharing what's really going on in our lives brought us all much closer together.

I love my friends, even the fertile ones.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't wonderful to have someone to share the struggle with? I recently finally opened up to one of mt good friends about our TTC journey and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I'm so glad that you had a great lunch and have someone to go through this with now. Hopefully you will both have your BFPs real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your lunch turned out so well! That is great that you have someone so close to go through it with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that was a shock! i'm glad you have a friend that truly understands now and you can share in this with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and you have an award on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had lunch with a friend who announced her pregnancy. I should have just ordered a slice of chocolate cake after that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad it did not turn out like your dream. Now at least you can to your circle of support. Congrats on your blog award Kristen!

    ReplyDelete